Thursday, October 6, 2011

I changed the Fuel pump on my 82 vette now it won't start any suggestions?

My basic rundown of things to check:

Fuse

Getting power to the pump (multimeter needed)

Open fuel rail bleed valve and see if there is pressure built up (don't worry about some gas spraying everywhere)



So, if no pressure but power at the pump you have a bad pump or a blockage. If you have all three good it is a different problem.

If your car is carburated look in the carburator while opening the throttle. The accelerator pump should squirt fuel down the carb.

Hope this is helpful
I changed the Fuel pump on my 82 vette now it won't start any suggestions?
did u plug the pump back in?
I changed the Fuel pump on my 82 vette now it won't start any suggestions?
Is it a mechincal pump or electric? You can also take of the line where it goes into carb and see if it pumps when trying to start. Make sure you got something to catch the gas.
Even though that is fuel injected, it's still a mechanical fuel pump isn't it? If it is, I would suspect the shaft that drives the pump, it is easy not to get those in there right. If it is an electric fuel pump, I would make sure the air is out of the line. You probably have a bleeder near the fuel rail.
why did u replace the fuel pump? Did it run before you replaced the pump? did u diagnose this?

No comments:

Post a Comment