Thursday, October 6, 2011

I had my fuel pump changed in my E46 and now i smell gas!?

i have a 2001 E46 and i had my fuel pump changed about two days ago and now i smell gas! what could this be?
I had my fuel pump changed in my E46 and now i smell gas!?
Perhaps the repair had been improperly done with the hose from the pump to the engine either being loose and leaking at the pump connection, or the big rubber seal was not replaced and is leaking,

or the screw cap which holds the pump on top of the tank had not been tightened properly.

Perhaps also, there is no leak but you are only smelling residual fumes from gas spills made during the repair.

Either way I would suggest that you bring back the car to whoever did the repair for checkup.

If you want to check it up yourself, then detach the rear seat, remove the cover/plate at the right side which is secured by 4 pcs. of 10 mm. nuts, then see if there is any leak or vapor leak from any of the points

previously mentioned. If the leak is severe you may even see gas leaks beneath the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment