Thursday, October 6, 2011

Were can I acces the fuel pump from on my car?

I want to change the fuel pump on my car but dont know were I can acces it. Does it have an accces door under the carpet in the treunk or behind the back seat Its 1999 cutlass Oldsmobile
Were can I acces the fuel pump from on my car?
not 100% sure on this but i dont think GM used the access door under the seat. the tank needs to be dropped to gain access to the fuel pump.



good luck
Were can I acces the fuel pump from on my car?
you have to take the tank out.
fuel pump is inside the gas tank i think. you have to take the tank off. i would assume from underneath the car.
I do not know were the fuel pump is on your car. but on most if it has a carburetor the fuel pump is on the left side of the engine driven off of the cam lobe. If it has fuel injection the fuel pump is in the gas tank. I believe that by the 99 years most car were fuel injection. You have to lower the gas tank and accuse the pump from the top of the gas tank.It is best to run you car just about out of gas before doing this work.. You can siphon the gas out of the tank, but be very, very careful and have a fire extinguisher handy. As a electric spark will ignite gas fumes disconnect the ground cable from your battery before starting this work
thoes pumps go out all the time. The guy who designed that pump should be drawn and quartered.. When you get your new pump allways get the %26quot;sock%26quot; filter screen... YUP you gotta get dirty and drop that tank.. But your car will probabbly suddenly have lots more power with the new pump...
Most new cars have the fuel pumps in the tank, you normally just drop the tank to access the fuel pump.

Good Luck
access door they dont have one pull the tank
the fuel pump is inside the gas tank
  • bird
  • odp.net charakterset
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment