Thursday, October 6, 2011

My altima wont start so I changed the fuel pump relay , still wont start,jumped the fuel pump relay it now sta?

I think you are saying that when you jumped the relay it started and asking why.

Fuel injection systems run a relatively high supply pressure, 35 -60 psi, so as a safety measure against a high pessure fuel fed fire in the event of an accident the ECC(onboard computer) will shutdown the fuel pump relay. The ECC monitors oil pressure and if lost shuts down fuel pump. So your problem is likely one of these;

-Faulty connection at relay base

-Defective oil pressure sender or associated wiring

-Some problem with the ECC.

When the relay is bypassed the fuel pump runs continuously when the ignition is on, engine running or not. I'd email a schematic to you if I had your email....

No comments:

Post a Comment