Thursday, October 6, 2011

I have a 02 Chevy 1500. I have changed the Fuel pump and Relay. What would Cause the pump not to work still?

There is voltage to the pump harness, about 5-7 volts. The pump will still not turn on when the key is turned to the on position. Any ideas?
I have a 02 Chevy 1500. I have changed the Fuel pump and Relay. What would Cause the pump not to work still?
You have a bad ground wire somewhere. Need to begin testing for voltage drops throughout the electrical system leading up to the pump. Need 12 volts to run the pump. Recheck the grounds at the sending unit again in the tank, it may be right there due to rust forming in this area from under car dampness.

good luck.
I have a 02 Chevy 1500. I have changed the Fuel pump and Relay. What would Cause the pump not to work still?
The fuel pump should have 12+ volts to it. The low voltage is why it doesn't run. Check the relay feed, it should be 12 volts. Check the fuse. I have seen a partially blown fuse that would send some voltage, but not enough for the circuit.
Check the ground return . If that doesn't solve it then I suggest going to http://www.magicmechanic.com click on tech questions and type in your problem , they will get back to you .

No comments:

Post a Comment