Thursday, October 6, 2011

My 1990 4 cylinder accord will crank, but not start----sometimes. Should I change fuel pump. Acts like no gas.?

Car runs great--but upon occasion it just cranks but wont start. Feels like its not getting any gas. Only happenend twice, should I change fuel pump?
My 1990 4 cylinder accord will crank, but not start----sometimes. Should I change fuel pump. Acts like no gas.?
%26quot;Acts like%26quot; is a question begging term, since every car acts slightly different for some starting problems...no, I wouldn't recommend just blindly replacing the fuel pump, as it can easily be some other problem entirely...



While some people don't like to hear this sort of suggestion, take it to a shop with a complete diagnostic machine that can monitor all aspects of engine operation. That can identify most problems that could cause what you describe. And, have you had a tune up lately, new spark plug wires installed perhaps?
My 1990 4 cylinder accord will crank, but not start----sometimes. Should I change fuel pump. Acts like no gas.?
Have you checked the starter ?
Dude this happens with my 93 accord also people tried to tell me it was my timing and all that mumbo jumbo, it was my gas cap i had to have this special cap that was vented. I noticed this because i changed it to a new one and it would not start some times then after i removed it the car would crank over. Somehow it chokes, maybe no air flow but yeah most likely the fuel pump is going out. Honda's are a nighmare.

No comments:

Post a Comment