Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How do I change a fuel pump on a 1997 grand am gt?

I have gotten one of the two fuel tank straps off but I cannot get the other one. If there is some kind of trick to get that one strap under the passenger side off I would love to hear it.
How do I change a fuel pump on a 1997 grand am gt?
Use a shallow socket, swivel adapter, or wobble extension, and it should clear any obstacle you may face. Some have the heat sheild for exhaust in way, but a few 7mm bolts removed and it should come out and give you clearance.
How do I change a fuel pump on a 1997 grand am gt?
After the strap comes off, you will need a special tool to unhook the fuel lines. Don't pry them with a screwdriver, they will break, and they must be replaced with expensive factory parts for the car to work. I encourage people to work on their own cars, but this can be a trying operation if you don't have a fair amount of mechanical background. Also, be careful. If the tank has much fuel in it, it is often heavier than you might expect.
  • increase ramsize
  • server
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment