Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I need help with Fuel pump wiring?

I recently changed fuel pumps in my 91 camaro. I noticed however that the wires didn't match up so I had to do some splicing. I know I need to do everything correctly, but for now I just spliced the wires and wrapped in electrical tape. This is all Inside my fuel tank. Is there any way that the wires could spark and blow me to smithereens!!!???
I need help with Fuel pump wiring?
I would suggest not to do anything(even turn the key)until you fix the wiring correctly,there is a small chance you could start a fire but any chance is to much of a risk,the electrical tape will not stay on as the fuel will melt the glue and very likely the tape.Can I suggest to cut the wiring outside the tank and splice outside the fuel tank?unless the terminals are different or you have no way of obtaining a new harness.good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment