Thursday, September 15, 2011

Changing an in tank fuel pump but I can't get the rubber hoses off to drop the tank.?

How would I dislodge these old stuck rubber hoses. The vehicle is a 1997 and I believe these are original. The two hoses connect the filler neck to the tank and are about 5 inches long. I would just cut them off and replace them but they cost about $70 to replace if I could find them, several sites have told me they have been discontinued. Any ideas?
Changing an in tank fuel pump but I can't get the rubber hoses off to drop the tank.?
Im betting you need a special tool for releasing the hose from the inlet end. These tools can be picked up at a reasonable price at your parts store, just tell them what make car your working on and they can fix you up. If its a hose clamp type just take a small screw driver and force it in between the hose and metal pipe in several areas to loosen it up so that you can brake it free, watch out for your fingers so as you don't poke a hole in them in the process.You should be able to drop the tank far enough to do this.
Changing an in tank fuel pump but I can't get the rubber hoses off to drop the tank.?
What kind of vehicle is it? If the filler tube is only about 5 inches, it sounds like a car. Most cars fuel pumps nowadays can be accessed by taking out the back seat.
Rubber type hoses? Squirt a little WD 40 or use a hair dryer to soften these.

No comments:

Post a Comment