Thursday, September 15, 2011

Would I have to change the whole fuel pump assembly on a 96 chevy blazer?

Someone at napa told me that I would have to change everything that comes out of the fuel tank, not just the pump itself. I changed the pump on my 96 saab and I just replaced the pump without having to replace everything. I also found on the internet the pump by itself so Im wondering if i buy that and replace it on the blazer if it would be bad for it or mess it up. Thanks for the help.
Would I have to change the whole fuel pump assembly on a 96 chevy blazer?
On a 96, you can do just the pump and pump sock. The entire unit has to come out to access it (as you probably already know), but you do not have to replace the entire module. Dont forget the inline filter as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment